The restaurant host is the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they enter the restaurant and is thus a personal representation of the service and overall hospitality of the staff of the restaurant. A bright and inviting personality is essential in beginning to create a positive and memorable experience for the guests.
- Monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant
- Emptying and cleaning tables
- Estimating wait times for guests, monitoring the guest waiting list
- Ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting
- Moving tables together to accommodate large parties
- Rolling silverware, folding pizza boxes