San Antonio Things To Do
VININGS, Ga. – On the list of things we love here at Good Day Atlanta, both pizza and dogs are right up at the top. So, when we heard that Atlanta-based Mellow Mushroom was cooking up a way to support Best Friends Animal Society, we couldn’t wait to find out more.
Mellow Mushroom and Lagunitas Brewing Company recently launched a summer promotion called Mellow Dog Daze, aimed at raising money for Best Friends Animal Society, a national nonprofit dedicated to placing pets in good homes.
Of course, you’ve seen Best Friends featured on the Good Day Atlanta “Pet of the Day” segment many times in the past, so you already know how many animals are available locally for fostering and adoption. Now, there are several new ways that people can support those animals thanks to the Atlanta-based pizza chain and the California-based brewery.
On Sundays through Aug. 28, customers can order the Best Friends package in-stores (medium cheese pizza, pretzel bites, and a pitcher of Lagunitas beer) or online (with a six-pack instead of the pitcher), and Mellow Mushroom will donate $1 to Best Friends Animal Society for each package sold. An array of specially designed Mellow Dog Daze gear is also available for purchase (click here to check it out), and Mellow Mushroom diners may donate directly to Best Friends Animal Society, which the restaurant and Lagunitas will each match dollar-for-dollar up to $10,000.
Of course, Mellow Mushroom patios are all dog-friendly, so it wasn’t hard to convince the restaurant to let us hang out for a morning with some local pets from Best Friends! Click the video player in this article for a peek at our morning learning more about Mellow Dog Daze.
Atlanta (November 2021) – Turkey may be iconic for Thanksgiving Day, but pizza rules Thanksgiving Eve!
The day before Thanksgiving ranks as one of the top five busiest days for Mellow Mushroom pizza restaurants, with sales jumping 66 percent over a typical Wednesday.
“We are proud that Mellow Mushroom stone-baked pies kick off the holiday celebration for so many families. We welcome this pizza tradition every year with great customer service and high-quality food using fresh ingredients,” says Anne Mejia, VP Brand Development, Mellow Mushroom.
Why is Pizza A Top Choice on Thanksgiving Eve?
- Convenience – It’s a big travel and coordination day as families prepare for the holiday celebration.
- Togetherness – Thanksgiving Eve kicks off a weekend of time enjoyed with family and friends and pizza is the perfect communal meal meant to be shared.
- Flexibility – Dine-in, take out, or have Mellow delivered curbside to your car or to your home. Many options to choose from and all offered through ordermellowmushroom.com
- Customizable – From Veg Out to a carnivorous Mighty Meaty, Mellow offers food choices and toppings for everyone: vegan, gluten free, and build your own options to create the perfect, personalized meal.
The other busiest pizza days include Halloween, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, and Super Bowl Sunday.
Fast Facts From Thanksgiving Eve 2020
- 66 percent sales increase over a typical Wednesday.
- One Day: 11,000 pounds of mozzarella cheese
- One Day: 1,450 gallons of red sauce
- ATLANTA, November 11, 2021 — Mellow Mushroom is creating a buzz for the holidays! From a new specialty cocktail and an updated catering menu to a gift card promotion, the restaurant is making the holidays easy and well, mellow. To keep in the holiday spirit, Mellow has also partnered with Stella Artois and Water.org to provide safe drinking water for a year for over 6,000 people. Here is how Mellow Mushroom is helping guests celebrate the holiday season and how you can be part of giving the gift of clean water.
During this holiday season, Mellow will debut the “Blitzen,” a cocktail that is the perfect toast to the season with a cozy blend of Appleton 8yr aged Rum and St Germain Elderflower Liqueur with festive pomegranate flavors.
The Blitzen is garnished with a fresh lime wheel and pomegranate seeds. This festive signature holiday cocktail pairs with Mellow’s Spinach Artichoke Dip, Mighty Meaty Pizza, and Magic Mushroom Soup.
In a giving season fraught with shipping delays and product shortages, Mellow gift cards are available for purchase 24/7. For an extra holiday twinkle, for every $50 gift card purchased, guests will get a bonus $10 card. Offer valid from November 9 until January 2.
The Yellow Room, home to Mellow merchandise, features new tees, sweatshirts, and hoodies starting November 11th. Eight new, out of this world designs will be offered, all promoting the Mellow vibe that has been part of its restaurants since 1974.
On November 16, Mellow Mushroom will roll out its new catering menu. In the era of Covid-19, the new catering menu focuses on personal lunch items, as well as gluten free and vegan options in Mellow Mushroom’s continued effort to feed everyone.
Safe Drinking Water
Here’s a way to enjoy great food and give back at the same time. Mellow Mushroom is partnering with Stella Artois and its goal to provide safe drinking water to people around the world. For every pint of Stella Artois sold in a Mellow Mushroom, Stella Artois will donate one month of safe drinking water. Mellow Mushroom plans to provide one year of clean drinking water for more than 6,000 people.
About Mellow Mushroom
Mellow Mushroom was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in 1974 and today operates in 20 states. Each Mellow Mushroom is locally owned and operated. For over 40 years, Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has been serving up fresh, stone-baked pizzas to order in an eclectic, art-filled, and family friendly environment.
ATLANTA/VIRGINIA BEACH (November 9, 2021) – A new 8000+ square foot Mellow Mushroom restaurant in Virginia Beach will anchor a renovated 214 room hotel — the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront — creating a new focal point for dining, tourism, and economic development in the area. Opening Spring 2022, and commanding the corner of Atlantic Avenue and 35th Street, the restaurant will celebrate the musical history of the city and will be a landmark for residents and visitors.
In keeping with Mellow Mushroom’s culture, the restaurant will have a unique theme that is reflected in the artwork and design. The artwork curated for this site ties back to Bossa Nova-inspired patterning, musical elements, and Brazilian flowers.
A mural by the Virginia artist Mark Paul Deren and a giant rotating “Mellow Mushroom” globe will be two of the artistic highlights of the new Mellow Mushroom. The globe will serve as a landmark for diners, hotel guests, and tourists.
Bossa Nova Musical Theme
Many musicians have called Virginia City home, including Ellla Fitzgerald, Missy Elliot, Wayne Newton, and Charlie Byrd. Byrd was introduced to the Bossa Nova style in Brazil and was one of the first musicians to bring this type of music to the U.S. in the 1960s. Bossa Nova went on to influence fashion, design, and architecture, and elements of the theme have been incorporated through various features of the interior and exterior of the restaurant, as well as the woodworking detail.
Mellow Mushroom Virginia Beach also pays homage to the renowned Peacock Ballroom of the gilded age, with a peacock inspired mural.
“The restaurant will have an immediate positive economic impact on the Virginia Beach economy, with more than 125 local residents expected to be hired,” says Jay Shah, Shamin Hotels. “In addition, local construction workers and skilled tradespersons will be involved in construction over the next six months.”
About the Restaurant / By the Numbers
- 125 employees
- Interior – 4685 sf
- Exterior – 3536 sf
- Seating: 80 indoor seats, 50 seats under covered patio, 80 exterior seats
- Eight giant TVs
- 30 Beer Taps
- Two Bars – indoor and outdoor
- Architect: Gene Weissman, Architects Incorporated
- Artists : Madsteez – Exterior mural, Mickael Broth – Exterior art installation/Interior art mural, Nikki Leone – Tactile interior artwork, Nicholasa Daily – Video interior artwork, Rogerio Pedro – Interior artwork