ATLANTA (December 2021) – Watching the ball drop may be the activity of choice for New Year’s Eve, but a great pizza is the meal of choice for that night! The last day of the year ranks as one of the busiest days for Mellow Mushroom pizza restaurants, with sales jumping twelve percent over a typical day.
Fast Facts for New Year’s Eve
- 12 percent sales increase over a typical day
- Liquor, beverage, and wine sales are usually up by eight percent
- LaMarca prosecco and Casamigos tequila are the top beverages for New Years at Mellow Mushroom
Why is Pizza a Top Choice on New Year’s Eve?
- Convenience – It’s a big gathering day as families prepare to wrap up one year and start the next.
- Togetherness – New Year’s Eve kicks off a weekend of time enjoyed with family and friends, and pizza is the perfect communal meal meant to be shared.
- Flexibility – Dine-in, take out, or have Mellow delivered curbside to your car or to your home. Many options to choose from and all offered through ordermellowmushroom.com.
- Customizable – From Veg Out to a carnivorous Mighty Meaty, Mellow offers food choices and toppings for everyone: vegan, gluten-free, and build your own options to create the perfect, personalized meal.
The other busiest pizza days include Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Super Bowl Sunday.
“We are proud that Mellow Mushroom stone-baked pies are a part of so many year-end family celebrations. We welcome this pizza tradition every year with great customer service and stone-baked pies handmade to order and using fresh high-quality ingredients,” says Anne Mejia, VP Brand Development, Mellow Mushroom.
San Antonio Things To Do
VININGS, Ga. – On the list of things we love here at Good Day Atlanta, both pizza and dogs are right up at the top. So, when we heard that Atlanta-based Mellow Mushroom was cooking up a way to support Best Friends Animal Society, we couldn’t wait to find out more.
Mellow Mushroom and Lagunitas Brewing Company recently launched a summer promotion called Mellow Dog Daze, aimed at raising money for Best Friends Animal Society, a national nonprofit dedicated to placing pets in good homes.
Of course, you’ve seen Best Friends featured on the Good Day Atlanta “Pet of the Day” segment many times in the past, so you already know how many animals are available locally for fostering and adoption. Now, there are several new ways that people can support those animals thanks to the Atlanta-based pizza chain and the California-based brewery.
On Sundays through Aug. 28, customers can order the Best Friends package in-stores (medium cheese pizza, pretzel bites, and a pitcher of Lagunitas beer) or online (with a six-pack instead of the pitcher), and Mellow Mushroom will donate $1 to Best Friends Animal Society for each package sold. An array of specially designed Mellow Dog Daze gear is also available for purchase (click here to check it out), and Mellow Mushroom diners may donate directly to Best Friends Animal Society, which the restaurant and Lagunitas will each match dollar-for-dollar up to $10,000.
Of course, Mellow Mushroom patios are all dog-friendly, so it wasn’t hard to convince the restaurant to let us hang out for a morning with some local pets from Best Friends! Click the video player in this article for a peek at our morning learning more about Mellow Dog Daze.