Thanksgiving Eve is One of the Busiest Days for Pizza; Mellow Mushroom Sales Increase by an Average of 66% Over Typical Wednesdays
Atlanta (November 2021) – Turkey may be iconic for Thanksgiving Day, but pizza rules Thanksgiving Eve!
The day before Thanksgiving ranks as one of the top five busiest days for Mellow Mushroom pizza restaurants, with sales jumping 66 percent over a typical Wednesday.
“We are proud that Mellow Mushroom stone-baked pies kick off the holiday celebration for so many families. We welcome this pizza tradition every year with great customer service and high-quality food using fresh ingredients,” says Anne Mejia, VP Brand Development, Mellow Mushroom.
Why is Pizza A Top Choice on Thanksgiving Eve?
- Convenience – It’s a big travel and coordination day as families prepare for the holiday celebration.
- Togetherness – Thanksgiving Eve kicks off a weekend of time enjoyed with family and friends and pizza is the perfect communal meal meant to be shared.
- Flexibility – Dine-in, take out, or have Mellow delivered curbside to your car or to your home. Many options to choose from and all offered through ordermellowmushroom.com
- Customizable – From Veg Out to a carnivorous Mighty Meaty, Mellow offers food choices and toppings for everyone: vegan, gluten free, and build your own options to create the perfect, personalized meal.
The other busiest pizza days include Halloween, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, and Super Bowl Sunday.
Fast Facts From Thanksgiving Eve 2020
- 66 percent sales increase over a typical Wednesday.
- One Day: 11,000 pounds of mozzarella cheese
- One Day: 1,450 gallons of red sauce